Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Book Club


With the shanty town settling in for another night, the hobos all assemble for the nights activities.

"
Ok ya idiots," I address the group, "it's Wednesday night, which means it's time for the book club meeting. I'm sure we all remember Shy Pete's reading of, 'The Back of a Latex Condom Box' last week, which turned into more of a 'show and tell' than a book club meeting..."

"A 'show and tell' I won easily!" David shouts out.

"You can't win a 'show and tell'!" Gary challenges.

"What's that Gary?!" David cups his hand to his ear, "I couldn't hear you over your tiny penis!" With that the crowd explodes into laughter and high-fives.

"
Ok, shut up retards." I take back control of the meeting, "Tonite we will be reading a book I found in front of the primary school called, 'The Knight's Saga: A Choose Your Own Adventure Novel'." I hold the book up to the crowd, "Now, this is a democracy. We have 7 people here including myself, we will vote to see where we go in the story. Ok? Let us begin." I open the book and read...

*The mighty ship pulls into the dock. Your voyage at sea which has been long and arduous, is now at an end, but your journey has just begun. You collect you gear and exit the boat. You survey the land before you. To the east you see the small port town, to the west is a long road to the capital, which way do you choose?*

"Get to the town quickly, there might be a bar there." Larry shouts, "If anything you could go there and beg for gold!" all the other hobos seem to agree, so I continue...

*As you walk towards the town you see an old wooden crate, will you search the crate, or will you continue on to the town?*

This question
arouses suspicion amongst the hobos."It's some sort of trick to make you lose hit points!" Billy shouts.

"Yeah, but who knows. There might be a sandwich in there, or a pair of old shoes! You know something useful!" Steve states, and most of the hobos agree."We can't afford NOT to look in there!" Cheers go up from the crowd for
Steve's rousing speech.

*You search the crate and cut yourself on a loose nail, you lose 2 hit points.*

Billy jumps to his feet pointing at Steve."Ya see?! You're a loser Steve and ya always will be!"

"Sit down Billy." Steve pushes him over."You sound like my
fuck'en dad."

With that, I continue...

*You enter the small town to see a hub of activity, merchants and farmers alike conversing about daily events, you see a tavern...*

"Go to the tavern!" the crowd shouts...

*You enter the dimly lit tavern and see a elegantly dressed woman at the bar, will you strike up a conversation?*

"Go to the page where you pull out your cock, and hit her in the mouth with it!" Old Eric high fives the crowd.

*The fair maiden tosses her hair back,"Buy me a drink?" she smiles. You look in your pockets and realize you only have enough money for one drink. Will you buy her, or yourself a drink?*

"Fuck that bitch!!!" Gary shouts as he takes a bottle out of his jacket, "Lets get wrecked!!!" With that the crowd goes nuts, everyone takes out bottles and the meeting breaks into a party. Old Eric pulls out his spoons and goes into an incredible rendition of Led
Zeppelin's 'Black Dog'.

As the party heats up, I slink away into the back of the alley and into my box. Once inside I pull out a pencil and begin to sketch the girl I had just read about in the book.

I draw her sweet smile, her seductive yet gentle eyes. I think of her hair and imagine it dangling from her head down to her hips. This girl I think of, is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Although I know she is only a dream, I feel something within me saying, "She is your destiny." for at that moment I believe that maybe, just maybe, if I were to clean myself up, go sober, and get a job... Pull myself out of this squalor and despair this dream girl might be attainable. I draw her
curvaceous body, her long legs, her supple breasts, her...

"
Woah!" I startle myself awake, and look down. "I got a massive boner! I better rub one out and get to sleep!" With that a take a bedtime swig of gin and get to work on the old pole.

Goodnight sweet world.

No comments: