Friday, September 26, 2008

Election Day: Welcome To Gitmo


"Hey, this isn't a real ballot!" You scream while opening the curtain.

Suddenly, you find yourself on the floor after suffering a terrible blow to the chest. As the police throw you into the paddy wagon you ask why and where they are taking you.

"That's easy." Smiles the burly officer, "Why? Well you see son, you raised your voice in a polling station. Now under the 'Patriot Act', raising your voice in a polling station automatically makes you, an enemy combatant. Oh yeah, and where? That's easy son, you are on your way to Gitmo!!!"

With that, he closes the wagon door and you are sent to purgatory for doing you civic duty.

1 comment:

Gunsmoke McTanqueray said...

THIS HAPPENED TO ME! I was minding my own business on the streets of Prague, only mildly done in by the local pilsener and smoke from the hostel hippy's "opium soaked burlap". I had convinced myself that the Czech czick on my arm was really into me and all my complexities... When a communism-clad jackass scared me half to shit with, "shut up and buy." It blew me away. I voted eversince.